Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My OTHER Favorite Pianist...

...aside from Mookie Siegel and Pete Sears! Peter Mintun. Someone on rec.music.gdead posted a link to Robert Altman's website (the photographer, not the director) and I remembered he took that great photo of Marmaduke so I surfed on over. Anyway, I found a picture of Peter Mintun and a link to HIS site! I used to love to go to L'Etoile (one of San Francisco's best French restautants) on Nob Hill because, in addition to great food, Peter Mintun played the piano there. As for the food, L'Etoile was great. It's gone now - the owner, Claude Rouas, owns Napa's famous Auberge du Soleil. My dad gave Claude and his brothers, Maurice and Albert, their first jobs when they came to this country. Anyway, here is the photo I found of Peter Mintun.

No comments: